I have been searching for a new laptop recently and found it difficult to find the right fit. The goal was to locate a high-end laptop that was easy to use, fast and could offer a touchscreen option for when I needed to use it as a tablet.
It wasn’t easy to locate reliable options, which is why I started to look at the Lenovo Flex 5 14 2-in-1 Laptop.
I enjoyed the idea of “converting” the laptop into a standing tablet whenever I wanted. The simplicity of its design and how it all came together was impressive. It was something I could get used to even when I was on the go away from home.
By having something like this in my hands, I know it would offer a good amount of power due to the AMD Ryzen processor and it would remain affordable at the same time. This is essential since I do want to complete work-related tasks from time to time, while still enjoying the perks of a good new-age device.
Along with having a sleek design, I loved the idea of a soft-touch chassis that was perfect for managing performance. It was something I could rely upon and feel confident about.
The camera was respectable and more than enough for an average user like me. It was easy to use, effective, and clear.
Plus, it’s a great device when it comes to surfing on the web from time to time.
- 360-Degree Hinge – This is one of the more intriguing features that I have come across. The idea of quickly taking the laptop, folding it, and using the device like a tablet is amazing. It’s something that I enjoy using throughout the day and the hinge is as seamless as you want it to be. It’s never noticeable when I am using the laptop in its standard mode.
- 2-in-1 Laptop – The laptop is noted for being a “convertible” device, which means it can be used as both a laptop and a tablet/touchscreen. This is perfect for someone like me that doesn’t mind the idea of getting hands-on with the device and not having to type all day long.
- Extended Battery Life – It claims to offer a battery life of 10 hours and that’s pretty neat for the power you’re getting. It’s a well-rounded device in that regard and at no point do I have to worry about the battery running out on me.
- IPS Touchscreen – The Touchscreen is responsive, easy to use, and perfect for someone like me. I am not an expert when it comes to tech devices, but it’s enjoyable to tap away at the screen and know it’s going to do what I want it to.
- Extensive Storage – The laptop comes with 256 GB SSD storage and is perfect when it comes to storing my images, videos, and anything else that I can think of. At no point am I going to have to worry about not getting enough memory and/or speed out of the laptop.
It’s important to note this device also has a webcam privacy shutter, two USB Type-A ports, and the Lenovo Active Pen.
The performance is good with this device, especially for an average user like me. I feel the AMD Radeon Graphics, 256 GB SSD Storage, and 16 GB DDR4 Memory do a good job of delivering results. This is ideal for those who want to see a consistent performance and still retain a good amount of space on their hard drive.
It works well for anything that I save on the device and I don’t mind using it as a tablet either.
The battery life is consistent with what it’s marketed for doing (i.e. 10 hours) and that’s perfect throughout the day.
For me, the webcam is also excellent and offers enough depth to make it a valuable part of my routine. From time to time, I take the opportunity to call my grandkids and this is a good way to do it while speaking to them face-to-face.
The Windows 10 operating system is right in line with modern standards and doesn’t hold back the device at all. This is perfect for those serious about enjoying a good experience whenever they hop onto the device. When using this, I have never felt like it’s going to slow down and/or get in the way of what I am doing online.
Having this sort of reliability provides peace of mind, especially when combined with the robust outer shell. They have done an excellent job of creating a strong machine that isn’t going to break at the first sign of pressure.
This is a major advantage for someone as clumsy as me because I do need a machine that has a refined chassis. It’s a must to keep the device safe!
The Lenovo Flex 5 14″ 2-in-1 Laptop is measured at 12.66 x 8.56 x 0.82 inches and weighs 3.63 lbs.
- Durable Chassis
- Excellent Battery Life
- Quality Webcam Privacy Shutter
- Great Pricing
- Two USB Type-A Ports
- Easy to Convert into Tablet
- The Display Could Be Brighter
- Heavier Than the Average Laptop
It is an affordable model that is perfect for those who want to go with a high-value solution without forking over a large sum.
The Lenovo Flex 5 14″ 2-in-1 Laptop packs a punch as it’s portable, easy to use, and doesn’t cost a pretty penny.
For me, this is a high-grade solution that is an ideal addition to my lifestyle.
Lenovo Flex 5 14 2-in-1 Laptop Rating
This is a tremendous machine in my eyes and one of the better 2-1 devices being sold right now. Why not go with something as durable as this? It has a great battery, sizable hard drive, and enough speed to power you through all sorts of tasks.
I am impressed by what the laptop has to offer and it is one of the better options on the market right now.
For more tablet options, read Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6″ SM-T560NZKUXAR Review