Usually, you’d likely get a fridge that reminds you to buy milk and butter, or a smart light fixture that transforms all the lights in your home with one voice command. But generally not smart locks – especially one with a wide array of interesting features like the Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt BE469.
So, if you’re in the market for a smart deadbolt lock for your front door, look no further as our comprehensive review of this innovative automated Schlage deadbolt covers everything you want to know before you make a smart choice.
The Schlage Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt brags pretty stylish looks, and you can find a myriad number of super high-tech smart home features, which make it one of the most functional and practical automated locks in the market.
Schlage has been making locks since 1920 and you cannot talk 30 seconds about locks without the brand name – Schalge – popping up in your convo as it is one of the most trusted and renowned locks producing companies in the U.S. Its locks are famous for being durable, sturdy and functional.
The Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt is an easy-to-use, intuitive smart lock from this popular lock brand which makes managing your home’s security a breeze.
First things first – why do you want to buy a smart lock? Is it because:
1. you want to upgrade your home décor and get a pretty-looking nifty smart gadget for the front door?
2. you want to keep the bad guys out with the most manageable lock you can find?
3. you want a smart deadbolt lock with an installation system that can be done by complete dummies?
If you have nodded at any or all of the above, you’re in the right place as this is one gorgeous smart lock with a built-in alarm sensor which emphasizes on your security while making you a cool gatekeeper.
It has many interesting features. Let’s take a quick look at them:
- Due to the presence of a scratch-resistant touchpad that comes with this smart lock’s package and the fact that it is a programmable ANSI Grade 1 Lock (which just means it is graded as the most strong lock grade provided to consumers), you do not need to bother with the hassle of a key anymore. Though if you still like to use one, you do get a keyway.
- You need a Z-Wave enabled product like the Nexia Home Intelligence Bridge to avail the benefits of all the cool features of the Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt. This Z-Wave system will create a smart home automation hub which will extend to all things you want to automate or control – from your thermostat to your lights and motion sensors and more.
- The price structure for the Nexia Bridge control unit along with the Nexia Home Intelligence’s home automation system is $59.99 one-time fee and $9.99 monthly. This does sound a tad pricey for just getting a deadbolt upgraded!
But the plus point would be that your smart lock is wirelessly connected to your computer or your smartphone, and you can remotely access it to do useful things, like getting it to switch on the lights of your home the moment the door opens etc. Overall, your Z-Wave compatible hub makes for a very polished experience along with your Schlage Connect smart lock.
- You enter your home by punching in a 4-digit code and the door locks automatically behind you. This auto-lock feature is a life-saver for absent-minded or harried folks who tend to forget locking their doors.
- In case of alarm tampering or breaking-and-entering, an alarm starts shrieking to announce the unwelcome visitor and alert the whole house. The audible alarm sensor beeps at the closing and opening of your door.
• Tamper Mode – Even the subtlest of activities won’t go unnoticed in the tamper mode as the alarm gives out a 15-second long beep and has lights flashing on both sides of the smart deadbolt lock.
• Activity Mode – Every time the door opens or shuts, you get 2 short beeps and a flashing of lights.
• Forced Entry Mode – The default mode on the Schlage Connect automated lock, this alarm setting reacts to a significant push against the door with a 3-minute long alarm siren, and a flashing of lights in the inside of the Schlage button. Perfect for when you’re traveling.
The Connect lock has a storage of about 30 unique user codes which you can customize to enable or disable as per your preference and need.
Product PerformanceThe Connect is one sweet-looking smart lock with a refined exterior. Available in two forms – the Century with a modernistic minimal design and the Camelot with a fancy retro look and intricate features, both designs have 6 finishes each – from a gleaming satin nickel to an aged bronze and more.
The touchscreen, contoured with a matte bumpy finish to make it fingerprint-proof and avoid code-discovery, is at the outer front of the lock where you punch in the code. It is also smudge-proof and will never look ‘dirty’ even after prolonged usage. A single tap on the Schlage button lights up the lock with an appealing soft blue light that works nicely in the dark.
Every tap announces a tiny beep which can be switched off if preferred. There is a keyhole just below the touchscreen for folks who prefer keys to codes. And a traditional knob which comes in handy if the battery dies.
The interior does require some design-innovation as it is clunky to look at and much bigger in size than other smart lock models in the market.
DimensionsThe dimensions are 5.12 x 4.5 x 9.25 inches and the unit weighs 3.8 pounds.
Watch the following video to see how easy it is to lock and unlock your door!
- Very easy to understand and use
- A robust and interesting Z-Wave help list
- The finishes are all attractive and varied enough to match the décor of any home
- Installation is a breeze
- The core is of the highest grade for a deadbolt
- Absence of Z-Wave makes programming much harder
- Bulky interior and slightly noisy
- Doling out $60 for the Nexia Bridge and then $10 as monthly fees may be off-putting for some.
PriceCan you put a price on security and ease of use combination? We feel the price is right and comparable to other items.
Schlage Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt BE469 RatingThe Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt is a smart, stylish, and sophisticated lock that’ll make your front door look charming and keep you completely safe. The installation is simple enough, the daily usage is straightforward, and integrating the Z-Wave is seamless.
This feature-rich smart deadbolt lock is like having your very own personal doorman. We recommend it to anyone who wants a smart lock that promises absolute security and peace of mind.