First, the Tab E is easy to use. My granddaughter can turn it on, swipe the screen to unlock, hit the "YouTube Kids" icon, and watch videos.
Instead of my PC, I carry my tablet everywhere. It is compact and lightweight. I can easily fit it in my purse and it is a better size for my granddaughter to grasp. I use it just like my PC. When I know I will be typing a lot (for a blog post), I use my PC. Otherwise, the 9.6" is perfect.
The navigation is simple. From any screen, I can hit the back or home button located on the bottom of the device and return to where I have been or go back to the home display.
The camera takes clear pictures and videos. I am not a photographer, but for me, the pictures are of good quality for a device that is not a camera.
I can watch TV shows on it. The screen size is large enough to make the shows enjoyable to watch. I watch TV while riding in the car (as a passenger)! I just plug in my earphones and get caught up on shows that I have missed.
I can easily check my emails and Facebook. Of course, I love to play Pyramid Saga and Candy Crush on it.
- Long Battery Life - The specifications state that the battery life is 20 hours. I recharge nightly and I am good to go during the entire day.
- Resolution (Clearness) - 1280 x 800 - The picture is very clear and you can adjust the brightness of the screen.
- Expandable Storage - It comes with 16GB of RAM (main storage), but if you are storing a lot of photos or music, you can buy up to 128 GB more storage.
- Built-In Cameras - It has a front and rear built in camera that takes crisp pictures and videos. It is easy to take selfies with one click.
- Kids Mode - Since my tablet is shared with my granddaughter, this is a must have feature.
Product PerformanceFor the techies and power users, look at the specification sheet pictured below. If you are that interested, then you probably want a higher end model. For everyday users like myself, this tablet performs very well. In fact, I have not noticed a difference in performance from my 10" notebook. The old one would freeze up on occasion. In 8 months of daily usage, I have not had to restart my tablet due to freezing.
It can stream up to 12 hours of video, although I have never come close to that. Who has 12 hours to watch videos?
I love the Android operating system. One reason is that I have an Android smartphone. Life is slightly easier when you have the same operating systems on both devices. You can easily share data and applications. However, this is not a necessity. I do not share data between the two and there many people who own an Apple iPhone and an Android Tablet.
The cameras are autofocus and are 5 megapixels (rear) and 2 megapixels (front for selfies).
The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow me to connect to the internet just about anywhere.
DimensionsThe screen size is 9.6 inches and it weighs only 1.2 pounds. The product measurements are 9.5 x 5.9 x 0.4. It has an extremely thin design.
- Long Battery Life
- Front and Rear View Cameras
- Kids Mode
- Lightweight and Easily Portable
- Android Operation System with WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Non Removable Battery
- No S pen (I really miss the S pen that came with the Notebook. It made access easier).
PricePrice really depends on how you are using the tablet. To access the internet, watch TV or movies, take pictures or videos, and play games, this model is a great value for the money and features.
This model is smaller than my old one but costs almost 3 times less with only a few missing features!