Did you ever imagine that a day would come when we would have fully-functional smart power strips that can conserve energy, significantly reduce your electricity bill, operate on Wi-Fi and switch off your kitchen lights on one command?
We didn’t either, but here we are. We live in the age of smart homes and automated houses, with all sorts of innovatively tech-savvy gadgets and smart home devices, from smart locks that tell you if your door is ajar, to smart pet care gadgets that can throw up treats and monitor your pet’s health – all while you’re away from home. In fact, you can video chat with your pet from your office cubicle.
Pretty cool, right?
Continue reading this Kasa review, if you’re shopping for a smart power plug outlet. There are myriad types available in the market.
Why Kasa Smart Power Strip?
Some people just want one that saves them money on their energy bills. Others prefer an automated one with all the latest bells and whistles, like seamlessly working with your voice control smart gadgets for enhancing your productivity levels and having pre-configured USB ports.
This product comes into play here, if you belong to the group of people who want an uber-smart power strip for their home automation project. This energy-conserving, Wi-Fi-enabled power surge protector with 3 USB ports and 6 separately controlled smart plugs is easy on the price and high on the perks.
This is one those great home automation smart strips which have edged out its competitors in all categories that truly matter – size, design, USB charging facility, ease-of-use etc. If you’re looking for one that is smart and chic-looking, then get the Kasa Surge Protector Wi-Fi power strip as it comes loaded with some pretty cool features for a simple smart plug.
Let’s take a look at some of its cool features.
- The Kasa people haven’t compromised on either looks or quality as this innovative product has 6 smart outlets that allow you to control your home from anywhere.
- Whether you have an Amazon Alexa hub in your smart home, prefer using a Google Assistant, or Microsoft Cortana, this smart power strip works seamlessly with these devices.
- Control smart plugs and USB ports separately to perfectly identify the connected device. This is like connecting to an original charger that charges your smart gadgets like your smartphones and laptops.
- One more thing we liked about the separate control smart plugs is the ability to set a specific schedule through the wifi surge protector, after which you can activate the timer remotely without any delays at all.
- Your smart device also protects against the onslaught of electrical power surges that can happen during storms.
Product Performance3 Things to Consider Before Buying a Kasa Surge Protector Wi-Fi Smart Power Strip
1. What is the number of outlets you require?
Whether you’re in the market for a smart power strip, or a regular one, you need to take into account the number of outlets that you require for your daily usage. The Kasa HS300 has 6 smart AC outlets and 3 smart USB charging ports.
2. What sort of equipment will you use it for?
If your equipment is rather demanding you may think of a reliable smart power strip which has insightful features like overload protection for controlling electrical surges.
3. Are you thinking of being extra-safe?
Determine if your power strip needs call for extra safety features. Your best bet would be an intelligent Wi-Fi power strip that has a sturdy overload protection system in place, and consists of top-quality fireproof material.
DimensionsWeight: 1.55 pounds
Length: 14.17 x 2.49 x 1.48 inches
Wireless Frequency: 2.4GHz
Apps Supported: Kasa Smart, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant
USB Output: 5V/2.4A (Max 2.4A per port, Smart ID)
Certificate: ETL (Electrical Testing Laboratories) & FCC
- 6 smart outlets
- Can control multiple devices from anywhere using the Kasa Smart app
- Surge protection feature
- Voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant using simple commands
- Schedule setting and timer functions and monitor how much energy devices are consuming
- This is for indoor use only
- and that is the only con we could come up with
PriceTP-Link is a global provider of smart home and networking devices. In 2015, its research division launched Kasa Smart providing a variety of quality smart home products including smart plugs, light bulbs, cameras and more.
The HS300 is provided by a reputable company, is highly rated and is reasonably priced.