The Keurig K55 is a simple coffee maker that brews a single cup of coffee. You place your favorite mug on the drip tray, insert a K-Cup in its holder, press a button, and voila! You have your fresh morning coffee in 60 seconds or less.
I use the flavored pods, so the aroma of hazelnut or french vanilla permeates down the hall at my office as soon as I arrive.
- The K55 uses pods that are compatible with other K-Cup brands. Pictured is my favorite HEB Houston blend. This feature allows you to make a variety of specialty beverages including tea, hot chocolate, and apple cider. Additionally, this is the fastest way to make iced coffee or iced tea. Just brew and pour over ice.
- With this Keurig, you can brew 3 sizes of coffee: 6, 10 or 12 ounces. To make your coffee stronger, simply select the 6-ounce size.
- The removable reservoir is large and can hold 48 ounces of water. On the average, you can make 5 cups of coffee without refilling. This is especially convenient at work when so many people are using the same machine. Since it is removable, filling it with water is easy.
- The Keurig K55 is also programmable. You can select to shut it off after 2 hours of being idle. Simply press a button on the top of the machine. This is a nice safety feature as well as an energy saver.
- This model has indicator lights to let you know exactly what to do. There are lights for when to add water or descale, as well as when to wait for brewing while it is preheating.
Product PerformanceAs with any product, you may get a lemon. But I have used 5 Keurigs and have had no issues.
We have had the same Keurig coffee maker at the office for the last 2 years without any problems. We use filtered water to save on maintenance (descaling) and change the filter infrequently. The red office machine is shown in the pictures.
At home, I own a black K55. This is my second Keurig. My first was a K15. I upgraded because I wanted a newer model. We do not use filtered water and have not noticed any significant scale build up.
We gave both working daughters Keurig coffee makers as Christmas gifts one year. I could tell that one daughter was not too excited about it. 3 days later she told us that it was the best gift ever!
DimensionsThe product measures 9.8 x 13.3 x 13 inches in size and weighs 12 pounds.
- Takes less than a minute to make fresh coffee
- Can brew 3 sizes of coffee of varying strength
- Compatible with other pod brands and can use reusable filter
- Contains removable large water reservoir and drip tray
- Has a programmable auto off switch as well as helpful indicator lights
- Unable to brew a carafe
- Unable to preset brew start time (no auto on)